Filippo Berio 100% Italian is a cold-pressed EVO Oil made with olives harvested exclusively in Italy and produced according to the SGS-certified Berio Method. Its bold and lively aroma make it an ingredient capable of enriching any recipe, including winter dishes such as soups and roasts. Our suggestion? Pumpkin and ginger soup; the perfect comfort food for the winter months.
18 November 2021 - Products
Filippo Berio 100% Italian: the ideal Extra Virgin Olive Oil for adding substance to all of your dishes, including winter recipes like pumpkin and ginger soup.
Milan, November 2021 – Filippo Berio – The SALOV Group’s premium brand – proposes its 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil as the perfect ingredient for enhancing any dish and bringing warmth to the winter season. Ideal for those who prefer bold flavours, its fruity taste and deep aroma of herbs, artichoke, and ripe tomato, combined with a slightly spicy and bitter finish, make it perfect for adding substance to traditional, warming winter dishes.
|Fruity and lively
|Hints of grass, artichoke and ripe tomato, slightly bitter and spicy
|Available formats and recommended price
|Ideal for all dishes with full-bodied flavours
The Berio Method: the certified, sustainable and traceable path to quality
All of the extra virgin olive oils in the Filippo Berio range (100% Italian, Classic, Mild and Light and Organic) are the result of the skilled selection and processing of olives, obtained according to the Berio Method. It is a production process based on 4 pillars:
- environmental sustainability through the adoption of integrated farming protocols by the farms that supply the raw materials, which are guaranteed by specific certifications;
- complete traceability through the www.filippoberio.it website where it is possible to verify the characteristics of any bottle by entering the production batch number: from the origins of the olives to where they are pressed, from the date of production to the main cultivars used and the results of all chemical-physical and organoleptic;
- the formulation of chemical-physical and organoleptic standards that are even stricter than the current regulations;
- Certification of the entire process by a third party, in our case SGS, which certifies both product quality and environmental sustainability.
Pumpkin and Ginger Soup
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 750g of pumpkin
- 200g of potatoes
- 1/2 an onion
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- 100g of soft white bread
- 20g of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- Remove the pumpkin skin and seeds then cut the pulp into small pieces. Peel the potatoes and also cut these into small pieces.
- Sauté the finely chopped onion in a pan with a dash of oil until soft.
- Add the pumpkin and potato pieces and season. Add the vegetable stock so that the pumpkin and potatoes are completely covered, check the seasoning, then cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Blend everything until the soup has a velvety, creamy consistency.
- Prepare the crostini by melting a knob of butter in a pan with the ginger before adding the bread and toasting until golden.
- Serve the pumpkin soup with a dusting of chopped parsley and a pinch of ginger alongside the plate of toasted crostini. The soup can also be served with pan-fried pancetta or speck in order to add an extra touch of flavour.
- Lastly, season with a dash of Filippo Berio 100% Italian EVO Oil.
SALOV SpA was founded in 1919 by Giovanni Silvestrini, a long-time business partner of brand founder Filippo Berio, and a group of entrepreneurs from Lucca. The company quickly became a standard bearer for Lucca around the world. SALOV is based in Massarosa, in the province of Lucca, and is one of the largest companies in the olive oil sector, with a consolidated net turnover of approximately €335 million and 120 million litres sold in 2020.
The SALOV Group has always been present on the Italian market with the historic Sagra brand and in late 2019 launched Filippo Berio in Italy for the first time; a brand with over 150 years of history across the world and the current market leader in the USA, UK and Russia, as well as Belgium, Switzerland and Hong Kong.
Filippo Berio is present in Italy with a dedicated range capable of meeting the needs of an increasingly discerning consumer in terms of quality and, above all, traceability and sustainability. In fact, thanks to the Berio Method, each part of the production process is traceable and certified, starting from the field and the application of sustainable integrated production techniques.