Filippo Berio Classico is a high quality extra virgin olive oil, certified by the Berio Method and fully traceable. Ideal for use cold, Filippo Berio Classico has a well-balanced taste that enhances the flavour of any dish, such as springtime spinach and ricotta balls.
01 February 2021 - Products
Filippo Berio Classico Extra Virgin Olive Oil: the perfect accompaniment to any recipe, including springtime dishes
Milan, February 2021 – To enhance the freshness of every dish, Filippo Berio, the premium brand from the SALOV Group, presents Filippo Berio Classico Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the most versatile in the range thanks to its balanced flavour, with hints of grass and ripe fruit.
|hints of grass and ripe fruit, slightly spicy with a leafy aftertaste
|Available formats and recommended retail price
|its balanced flavour goes well with any dish
Berio Method: the certified, sustainable and traceable path to quality
All Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oils are the result of skilful processing using the Berio Method: the path to quality and reliability which is traceable and certified from the field to the bottle with more stringent parameters than required by regulations, which selects only the best and healthiest olives, harvested at the right degree of ripeness and rigorously cold-pressed, from environmentally sustainable cultivations based on the principles of integrated farming.
The method is monitored at every stage and certified by SGS, an independent and authoritative external body, which guarantees not only the product’s quality requirements, but also environmental sustainability throughout the supply chain.
In fact, Filippo Berio oils have a complete and exhaustive traceability system, which provides more than just information on the origin of the raw material. By entering the batch number on the website www.filippoberio.it you can find out lots of information, such as: date of production, predominant cultivars used, the origin of the olives and the site of pressing, in addition to the organoleptic and sensory profile, including the analyses carried out for each bottle showing the individual quality parameters found and compared with the limits imposed by law.
Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil range
The full Filippo Berio EVO Oil range is rounded off with another 3 varieties guaranteed for quality and safety:
- 100% Italian – perfect for enhancing full-bodied flavours
- Mild & Light – ideal for fish-based recipes, fresh vegetables and sauces
- Organic – excellent as a condiment for all dishes
Spinach and ricotta balls
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (4 people)
- FILIPPO BERIO CLASSICO Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- 250g washed spinach
- 50g Grana Padano cheese
- 250g cow’s milk ricotta
- 40g breadcrumbs
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil together with a clove of garlic, add the spinach and let it sizzle over high heat for 5-6 minutes, until the spinach is completely wilted.
- Remove the garlic, drain the spinach and leave to cool. Then chop the spinach coarsely.
- Add the spinach to the ricotta, add grated cheese, salt and pepper and mix.
- Add the breadcrumbs and form the balls. Use about 20 grams of dough for each ball.
- Dip the balls in the beaten egg with salt and pepper and then dip them in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 200°, or 180° for fan ovens. Serve the spinach and ricotta balls hot.
Variations and Tips
To make a dry, easy-to-shape mixture, drain the spinach well and add more grated cheese if necessary.
The SALOV Group was founded in 1919 through the merger of several companies that had been active in the oil trade since the mid-19th century. It is based in Massarosa, in the province of Lucca, and is among the largest companies in the oil sector with a consolidated net turnover in 2019 of approximately 275 million Euros and 91 million litres sold.
The SALOV Group, which has always been present on the Italian market with the famous Sagra brand, launched the Filippo Berio brand for the first time in Italy at the end of 2019, already a well-established brand worldwide and currently market leader in the USA, UK and Russia, as well as in Belgium, Holland and Switzerland. Filippo Berio has a dedicated range for Italy, one capable of responding to an increasingly demanding consumer.